We hope that this final newsletter of 2021 finds you well and looking forward to some downtime with family and friends and enjoying whatever it is you look forward to this time of year. For us, it’s enjoying the snowy evenings while cooking dinner, heading to the ski area and finding those rare moments when we get to go for quiet walks in the snow at night.
In this installment of the newsletter, we have a few things to share with you. Hopefully this info is beneficial to your organization. If you have any questions about anything you see here, we look forward to getting you the answers you need.
BHAM Quality Database:
We have created a Quality Database that is currently tracking the Daily Living Activities (DLA) 20 outcome tracking took used for Intensive Outpatient SUD programs and the CASII and eCASII tools for Comprehensive School and Community Treatment (CSCT), Home Support Services and Targeted Case management for Children.
CSCT new rules have been sent to CMS for approval and CMHB anticipates CMS will accept them. The Behavioral Health Alliance of Montana submitted public comment on the new rules on December 1, 2021.
The specialty behavioral health providers have been suffering from dire workforce shortages for years but acutely during this pandemic. We have proposed numerous options for relief to DPHHS, the Administration, and the ARPA Commissions. We have been successful in two very important suggestions:
- Healthcare worker daycare stipends: The applications are now available for healthcare workers to have Best Beginning scholarships if they earn below 250% Federal Poverty Level. This will give some of our direct care staff much-needed financial help. https://dphhs.mt.gov/ARPA/Childcare/ChildCareAssistanceforHealthCareEmployees
- The 10% Federal Match increase for Medicaid has been earmarked for Medicaid state-approved Home and Community-Based Services with an expanded definition for both mental health and substance use disorder programs. Each agency will receive a percentage of their Medicaid reimbursement twice a year over the next two years. The first of these two-year payments has been sent out to agencies this week.
Health Insurance Help:
Local help is available, and plans are more affordable than ever. Open Enrollment is here and now is the time to shop for health insurance coverage for 2022. Because of a new law, plans and prices are more affordable than ever and most Montanans can find a plan for $10 a month. Open Enrollment ends on January 15, 2022.
You don’t have to be an expert on health insurance, free, local help is available. With one application, individuals and families can see what they qualify for and enroll in coverage through Montana Medicaid, Healthy Montana Kids, or Health Insurance Marketplace plans. Cover Montana Navigators are located in Missoula, Kalispell, Helena, Browning, Bozeman, Billings, and serve their surrounding areas. The Cover Montana Helpline can also provide phone and virtual enrollment assistance: 1-844-682-6837. You can learn more and find local enrollment help at www.covermt.org.
|Kaitlyn Farrar||Columbia Falls||406-897-4141||[email protected]|
|Alissa Snow||Missoula||406-438-3410||[email protected]|
|Julie Burrows||Helena||406-461-6991||[email protected]|
|ShyAnn RainingBird||Browning||406-845-2376||[email protected]|
|Armanda Garcia||Billings||406-591-9139||[email protected]|
|Tierney Strandberg||Bozeman||406-595-7426||[email protected]|
NatCon, the largest conference in mental health and substance use treatment is coming up from April 11-13, 2022 in Washington D.C. and registration is open now. Full event info is available on the NatCon site here.
Your NatCon22 registration allows you to:
- Engage in unmatched networking opportunities, connecting with countless peers and luminaries across three days of presentations, exhibits and immersive activities.
- Discover new strategies and best practices for boosting your leadership abilities and elevating your impact – you can choose from more than 500 speakers throughout the event.
- Explore 200+ organizations offering the products, services and solutions you need to tackle today’s challenges in our Solutions Pavilion (Exhibit Hall).
- Choose from dozens of continuing education (CE) and continuing medical education (CME) credit opportunities – fulfill your licensing requirements while investing in yourself and staff!
- Personalize your learning journey by choosing from more than 120 original, informative and engaging conference sessions and workshops.
- Enjoy complimentary continental breakfasts on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, as well as boxed lunches on Monday and Tuesday, and regular coffee breaks.
Please reach out to me if there is anything you need. When we work together, we can solve all the problems out there!
Stay safe. Stay healthy.