Position Requirements: • High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Sound moral character.
• Experience working with troubled youth in a paid or volunteer setting.
• Knowledge of adolescent development.
• Talents for supervising and working with young people.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs as needed.
• Ability to climb stairs as needed.
• At minimum must accept at least one shift every three weeks.
The Youth Counselor – Part time is a part time entry level position that provides general care of at-risk youth and manages the treatment milieu and routine within a home. This position is responsible for:
Working with youth ages 12 to 17
Assist regular staff in managing group living and care
Assist with implementation of recreational programs and activities
Monitor individual behavior of youth