This position works in a team based environment in partnership with all staff in primary care clinics. Provides rapid assessment, brief intervention and care collaboration with patients who are identified to have or be at risk for depression and other behavioral health conditions. In partnership with the team provides patient centered care to improve outcomes for patients.
1. *Triages high volume of referrals from primary care providers. Ensures that on-going liaison occurs with patients, medical providers, and families.
2. *Performs initial and comprehensive assessments, including diagnostic evaluation, risk assessment, behavioral systems, level of care need, and other information necessary to determine treatment.
3. *Performs as part of a multi-disciplinary treatment team. Provides consultation and education services.
4. *Coordinates patient transitions into services and discharges from treatment.
5. *Completes progress notes and documentation in EMR for all services provided to patient.
6. *Provides brief individual, group, and family therapy, clinical case management, and outreach services in an effort to fulfill the patient’s treatment goals, wellness and recovery.
7. *Participates in development of individual and/or group treatment plans utilizing a variety of brief psychotherapeutic, psychosocial and psychoeducational modalities.
8. *Provides crisis management as needed.
9. *Performs as a consultant and resource in integration development, guiding group decision making, implementing plans, and improving quality of care.
10. *Responsible for and maintains data related to primary care/behavioral integration and outcomes.
11. *Adapts interventions to the work flow and pace to that of primary care, including rapid assessment, brief treatment, and a high daily volume of contact.
12. Other duties as assigned. This position description in no way states or implies that these are all the only duties required. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
*Maintains regular and consistent attendance as scheduled by department leadership.
*Job duties denoted with an asterisk are classified as Essential Job Functions.