Alternative’s Inc. is looking to add two Full-time Licensed Addiction Counselors to our Treatment Teams! One opening would be with our new and developing community treatment program, Compass. This position would be in our Administrative building that also includes the Beta Jail Alternatives misdemeanor programs. The facility is often referred to as, ABC! The second position is located at the Passages Women’s Center with the Alcohol and Drug Treatment 90-day program.
The candidate should be reliable, punctual and have a positive attitude and passion for your work. We are looking for individuals who will be a strong and supportive team player.
The current starting salary for the position is $23.00 per hour, although consideration will be given the successful candidate’s experience and educational background. Plus 10 paid holidays, paid time off that begins accruing immediately, and packages that offer medical, dental, vision and supplemental life insurance options. 401K, profit sharing and flexible savings account available too.
1. Facilitate group therapy and individual sessions.
2. Conduct Substance Use Disorder Assessments and applicable screening tools.
3. Document all contracts, significant issues, and general progress in the resident case file.
4. Complete case notes, progress notes, and data entry in the electronic record as needed.
5. Complete discharge summaries for all group participants in a timely manner.
6. Coordination of aftercare plans prior to client release from the program. 7. Make referrals to a variety of social services and medical resources needed.
8. Individual will need to remain current with best practices in counseling and treatment strategies.
9. Utilize American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) and Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-VR) criteria when making recommendations.