Position Requirements: Primary duties will include the development, analysis and interpretation of accounting and budget information to inform key decisions; monitoring and reporting of all financial and fixed assets to include investments; managing and improving finance technology; overseeing affiliate services and capacity building programs, as well as other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness of the company.
• Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to build financial models and forecasts.
• Working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems with an ability to audit, structure and analyze complex financial reports.
• Sound administrative skills in addition to well-developed management and leadership skills (principles and people).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with labor unions or non – profit associations is highly desirable.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration or related field required.
• A minimum of 3 years recent experience in a lead financial role with responsibility for accounting, budgeting, and cash management.
• A minimum of 3 years prior audit experience.
• A minimum of 3 years of related experience ideally gained through increasingly responsible management positions within the finance industry.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
It is the policy of AWARE, Inc. to not discriminate in employment or employment opportunities based upon race, color, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, religion, creed, sex, or political beliefs.
It is also the policy of AWARE, Inc. to not retaliate or allow, condone, or encourage others to retaliate against any applicant, employee, or past employee for opposing unlawful discriminatory practices, filing a discrimination complaint and/or testifying or participating in another manner in a discrimination proceeding.
AWARE is a statewide nonprofit organization that offers quality, community-based support for people with mental health and/or developmental disabilities and families with children ages 0 to 8. We serve all 56 counties in Montana.
AWARE’s Mission: We help people live independent lives.
• We ensure people with mental health and/or developmental disabilities live in a home of their choice and provide the day-to-day support they need.
• We help adults with disabilities find fulfilling employment, either through an AWARE program or in the community.
• We support children ages 0-8 and their families through a number of early childhood programs in Billings, Bozeman, Butte and Helena.
• We ensure adults and children live successfully in their communities, providing home visits, help in school, assistance with services, psychiatric assessment, and outpatient counseling.
• We hire professional, experienced staff to serve the individuals we support, employing more than 800 employees across Montana.
To learn more please visit www.aware-inc.org.
AWARE invites applications for a Chief Financial Officer to join our team! This position has the unique opportunity to work collaboratively to make an impact on the lives of Montanans. We are looking for an outgoing individual who shares in AWARES values and our mission.
AWARE’s mission is to help people live independent lives. In order to live and fulfill its mission, AWARE empowers its employees to operate under the auspices of AWARE’s Unconditional Care Principles.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer the chief financial officer is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of monthly financial reports, maintenance of a system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This position oversees the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Departments and directly supervises one with in-direct supervision of five employees. fi
The CFO position is full-time and includes a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including insurance, 401(k), tuition advancement, paid vacation, personal and sick leave, and annual raises. The pay range for this position is $130,000-160,000 DOE/DOQ. The successful applicant may be based anywhere in the state of Montana. Travel to Anaconda and other locations throughout the state is required.
The individual assigned to this role is expected to possess the education and skills need to develop and deliver the job duties listed below. Additionally, the successful candidate should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.